Directed Genomics is looking for an exceptional and experienced senior research scientist to join a rapidly growing, multidisciplinary team who is providing contract Research and Development services for the NGS biotech community. Directed Genomics operate in the space between a traditional CRO, and a consulting agency, providing custom wet-lab and bioinformatic solutions for startup and established biotech companies alike.
The successful candidate will be working in a collaborative, dynamic team role – at times leading a project team, and at other times as a member of a project team, comprised of other senior scientists, associate scientists, and bioinformaticians. Projects may have the candidate working as an independent researcher, or as a team member of another project group. The candidate will oversee and be a point of contact with customers and with their project teams. In addition, the candidate will participate in; proposal generation for new projects, project reporting, and delivery of final methods/reports/training as needed.
- Execute scientific collaborations/contracts with clients
- Work closely with senior scientists, computational biologists, and associate scientists
- Develop and optimize novel NGS library preparation methods
- Conduct product development and application development experiments
- Supervise and coordinate experiments and data generation
- Work closely with team members to design, implement, and troubleshoot experiments critical to the group’s collective success
- Troubleshoot to resolve problems and participate in new technology evaluation, development, and implementation
- Document, compile, and analyze experimental data
- Attend and present at team meetings to share results, plan projects and experiments, and ensure that projects support team goals
- Contribute to grant and proposal writing
- Contribute to the overall culture and operations of the DGx laboratory
- May perform other duties as assigned, including related lab management duties
- A PhD and 4+ years of postdoctoral experience in a relevant discipline; molecular or cell biology, biochemistry or related disciplines
- 2+ years of laboratory experience with Next Generation Sequencing
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology, specifically Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Hands-on experience assay design and analysis
- Hands-on experience with primer design
- Hands-on experience with bioinformatics tools, and unix/linux OS
- Experience with applications and/or product development
- Ability to solve complex problems independently and as part of a team
- Candidate should be a self-motivated fast learner and an innovative and analytical thinker
- Candidate should possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of, and continued interest in, working as a team member in a fast-paced contract environment
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, lab notebook practices and attention to detail
- Must be willing and able to develop and shift plans in service of a rapidly changing environment and troubleshoot to solve problems
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV.
Job Type: Full-time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.